Novation Bass Station II Analog Mono-Synth
Bass Station II. Bass Station II is an analog mono-synth with a talent for bass, but a sound-engine that is versatile enough to kick out sharp leads and crisp arpeggios. It brings the best elements of the original Bass Station into a brand new design with re-worked modulation, effects, filters and more; like the Bass Station, but much much bigger. The signal path is pure analog - including the effects section. The hardware has been laid out in modules with dedicated pots, switches, sliders and buttons for all major parameters. Critically, you can store and recall patches on Bass Station II. It comes with 64 killer factory presets, space for 64 of your own sounds on the hardware, and you can store more on your computer. The key-mechanism consists of 25 full sized keys that are velocity sensitive with assignable aftertouch. It has been developed as a ˜synth-action' keyboard, where each key is individually sprung so it is light to the touch and highly responsive to the synth engine. Bass Station II is a fully class compliant MIDI device with MIDI I/O on 5 pin din ports - for connecting to other MIDI outboard - and can interface with your computer over USB. The Synth Engine: A Brief Overview Oscillators: Bass Station II is built on three analog oscillators and a noise generator. There are two fully independent oscillators plus a sub oscillator (which is the critical component in creating rich, analog bass sounds). Oscillators One and Two are switchable between sine, sawtooth, square and variable pulse width, and Oscillator Three - the sub osc - can be set to one or two octaves below Oscillator One. It can be square, sine or narrow pulse width, delivering the characteristically ˜fat' bass tone. Filters: You can select between two discrete filters - ˜Acid' or ˜Classic' - each with a built in overdrive for pushing filter tones from dry, to warm, to nasty! The ˜Classic' Bass Station filter can be switched between low pass, high pass and band pass at 12 or 24dB slopes.
- This analog Synth is a brand new version of the classic Novation bass Station with a brand new "acid" Filter joining the "classic" Original bass Station filter
- Ships with 64 factory Patches and a further 64 user slots
- Pattern-based step sequencer and and two Oscillators plus an additional sub oscillator
- Analog Synth layout includes dedicated controls for all major parameters
- Includes fully analog distortion and filter-modulation effects and a separate filter overdrive to add an aggressive, crunchy sound-quality. Novation now offers a 3-Year Warranty on this and all other Novation products.